PIP Printing Riverside/Corona, awarded and recognized as one of the top 100 Quick & Small Commercial Printers in North America, seeks an energetic person to join our Prepress team. PrintMyStuff.com has always set itself apart from other local printers with the support of highly talented, driven and hardworking individuals. The team desires to find an outstanding Prepress Designer, who possesses a multifaceted skillset to be a key contributor in the business and company culture.
As a Prepress Designer, you are responsible is for reviewing, editing, repairing, and enhancing all incoming customer orders to ensure they are completely ready for print production, as well as creating new designs. The position will perform quality checks for digital press formats using color standards and theories that apply. This position will also assist in other parts of print production as needed.
- Work on new designs and make revisions to existing files which may include: typesetting, illustrations, photo manipulation, logo design, branding and designing print collateral materials
- Advise customer service staff and clients on alternative graphic options based on the project artwork, material selection, and technology(s)
- Impose digital files for output
- Prepare mail merges, numbering, and variable data files
- Monitor and respond to emails from clients and advise of any issues concerning their files or deadline
- Proofreading manuscripts after they have been typeset and making necessary changes in InDesign or Illustrator
- Prepare client graphic files for optimum proofing and production results
- Schedule jobs by due dates indicated or as requested by management, ensure consistency with similar jobs
- Send proofs to customers and follow up until an approval is received
- Working knowledge of Mac-based CS6 tools; Illustrator, Photoshop, In-design
- Understanding of fonts, color theory, character and paragraph styles, and industry terminology
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based approach to process improvement and problem-solving
- Ability to communicate with customers and other team members to keep jobs on track
- Must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by the company
- Excellent verbal/written communication and math skills
- Experience with photopolymer plate making and flexographic print process is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-active attitude with adaptability
- Team player with the ability to work with all levels of management, while also being able to work independently
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good work habits
- Sound judgment
- Pleasant and friendly demeanor
- Willingness and ability to work under pressure and deadlines
Ability to catch spelling and grammar mistakes with ease. Thorough knowledge of grammar rules. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence and speak effectively and present information.
Ability to solve practical problems in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge of basic office equipment and personal computers. Familiarity with software programs such as Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook. Must be able to effectively and efficiently utilize multiple Internet search windows. Individuals must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by the Company.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Flexibility to work overtime when required and on short notice
- Ability to effectively communicate with others (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and consistently busy environment
- Occasional light lifting
- Medical, dental, vision & supplemental benefits provided after the eligibility period
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday hours
- Fast-paced, business casual work environment
- Competitive Wages
- Stability and Excitement with a Growing Company
PIP – Riverside, CA
At PIP Printing Riverside/Corona, we are fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing an environment of mutual respect to all applicants and teammates. Each qualified applicant and employee is recruited, employed, and evaluated without regard to any characteristic protected by law, such as race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, or status as military or veteran status. Equal employment opportunities are provided to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, discipline and termination. We provide a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.